Career Services hosts many employers throughout the year who are actively recruiting Murray State University students. For a list of employers and when they will visit campus, log into your Racer Tracks account, our on-line job search database.
1) Create your Student/Alumni Racer Track account:
- Log into your MyGate account
- Go to Academics Tab and select the Racer Tracks icon
- Update your profile and upload a current resume
2) Upload a Resume and Cover Letter
- Log into Racer Tracks
- Click on "Documents" on navigation bar and then, "Upload a Document"
- Select type of document (Resume) you are uploading and follow instructions to complete the process
Note: All resumes are reviewed to make sure it will best market your skills and past experiences to employers. Prior to uploading your resume, click here to review resume writing tips and minimum qualifications.
- After receiving an email notifying you of an approved resume, you may search for jobs, internships and on-campus interviews and submit your resume.
3) Submit Resume (and other required documents) to Position.
- Click on "Jobs & Internships" on navigation bar and then, "Jobs & Internships Search"
- Search by major or utilize the 1-Click Searches box where you can link easily to...
- Newest Jobs
- Jobs with upcoming application deadlines
- Jobs with upcoming interview schedules
- Jobs with Open interview schedules
- Select jobs of interest, review the job description and required application documents
4) Check your Interview Status
- Click on "Applications" on navigation bar and then, "Your Active Applications"
- Check for notification of employer decisions, sign up for an interview, withdraw your application, or review your applications
- Definitions of Employer Decisions:
- Accepted — The employer has accepted your application for an interview.
- Alternate — The employer has accepted you as an alternate candidate for an interview.
- Undecided — The employer has yet to make a decision on your application.
- Declined — The employer has declined your application for an interview.
- Some employers may require you to apply through their website. Please review application instructions!
- Make sure to save your interview slot if signing up for one and make a note on your personal calendar.
- If you must cancel, please do so on the website in a timely fashion AND contact Career Services.
5) Prepare for Your Interview
- Click here for interview preparation tips.
If you need additional instructions, please contact Regina Hudspeth at email@example.com or 270.809.2907 or call Career Services at 270.809.3735. .