THE RESUME MISTAKE THAT WILL COST YOU BIG (8/10/2012)
According to a Fox Business article, the following mistakes land your résumé in the recycle bin:
- Résumés with an inappropriate email address.
- Résumés that don't include a list of skills.
- Résumés that are more than two pages long.
- Résumés printed on decorative paper.
- Résumés that detail more tasks than results for previous positions.
- Résumés that include a photo.
- Résumés that have large blocks of text with little white space.
25 HASHTAGS THAT WILL GET YOU A JOB (8/9/2012)
Review some of the best "get-togethers" on Twitter for your job search: http://edudemic.com/2012/03/25-twitter-chats-for-valuable-career-advice/
CAREER SERVICES HAS A NEW HOME! (8/1/2012)
Career Services has relocated to 100 Oakley Applied Science Building. Drop in to see us!
EMPLOYERS SCREEN JOB APPLICANTS - ARE YOU READY?! (7/2012)
What are you telling employers via social media? Review these survey results recently published by Reppler to see the information employers are gathering when seeking to fill vacancies. Adjust the information on your social networking sites to get you the job!