Skip directly to: [Site Navigation] [Section Navigation] [Search] [Content]
Benefits to MSU
- Provide near 24 x 7 real-time access to information from any computer with web capabilities. This will allow all users of our systems and data the ability to obtain information when they want and need it.
- Provide no-stop services and information on-line through a secure, fully integrated and easy to use, personalized information system
- The opportunity to implement best practices where possible to provide streamlined operations and secure self-service access to information and services, while maintaining the accuracy of information.
- Provide the assurance of system wide security for single sign-on access to data that is pertinent to the specific user.
- Increase the University’s power to communicate using a wide range of leading edge technologies. Effective communication across and beyond the university is essential for MSU to build strong relationships with the people it serves.
- Eliminate data silos, and convert the existing data into one common database that will enhance the ability of all users to retrieve data for analysis and reporting.
- Provide for a common set of data definitions that are clearly defined and consistently applied.
- Ensure that third party applications integrate seamlessly with the new campus system. Current applications will be replaced if necessary to eliminate the need to gather and maintain duplicate information.
- Provide reporting capabilities that allow for accurate and timely internal and external reporting, through the creation of standard reports that will meet recurring requests, allowing for more time to analyze the data.
- Provide both the data architecture and reporting tools that facilitate analysis. Each area will be able to retrieve and manipulate the data that it needs to do its work directly, without relying on other areas to provide that data.
- Prompt the adoption of a unique identifier that is not a social security or tax I.D. number. By adopting a unique identifier the University will be complying with federal requirements and taking a major step in the protection of all users.
- Generate an environment that is less dependent on paper documents by developing electronic forms with electronic signature verification and an integrated document management solution.