Murray State Teaching Postcards
The Murray State Teaching Postcards is a new forum for instructors to obtain information on successful teaching tips and methodologies. This site has been implemented as a trading post to promote teaching excellence. Faculty will be able to acquire ideas from campus colleagues and make postcards to disseminate their own approaches to effective teaching. The postcards are designed to give the reader a brief overview of a teaching method and author contact information. The overall goal of this site is to put best practices in teaching in a public forum to benefit the entire Murray State community.
If you are interested in submitting a postcard, please contact Ricky Cox at CTLT (809-3993, firstname.lastname@example.org ). The process is quite simple and help is available for postcard construction.
The postcards are only available in PDF format. To download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, please go to the Adobe Reader Download Page.
- Postcard #1: The Post-Lecture Quiz in Blackboard (Ricky Cox, Chemistry)
- Postcard #2: Passing Down Advice: Students Helping Students (Ted Thiede, Engineering and Physics)
- Postcard #3: 1st Assignment: Connecting with Students (Brenda Wilson, Computer Science and Information Systems)
- Postcard #4: International Agriculture Seminar, AGR 533 (Jay Morgan, Agricultural Science)
- Postcard #5: Teaching with a Tablet PC: The One-Tablet Professor (Ricky Cox, Chemistry)
- Postcard #6: Screen Recording Using Camtasia for Live Notes Online (James Rogers, Engineering and Physics)
- Postcard #7: Using Tablet PCs in Field and Clinical Settings (Terry Derting, Biological Sciences)
- Postcard #8: From Chalk to Digital Ink: Using a Tablet PC to Enhance and Archive Physics Lecture Notes (John Crofton, Engineering and Physics)
- Postcard #9: Easy Grading and Commenting on Student Writing Using Tablet PC Ink Annotations (Sue Sroda, English and Philosophy)
- Postcard #10: Teaching On-Line with One Tablet PC (Leigh Johnson, Accounting)
- Postcard #11: Providing Students Extra Help Using One Tablet PC (Brenda Wilson, Computer Science and Information Systems)
- Postcard #12: Reaching Our Students with Online Tutorials (David Durr, Economics and Finance)