Instructions that will appear on exam
Please answer the following essay questions using complete sentences.
Feel free to use any diagrams, tables, or drawings that will help clarify your answers.
However, do not simply draw a diagram and count that as your answer if the
question asks you to "discuss" it. The best answers will be thorough
yet concise. Brief, sketchy answers will not be rewarded with a majority of the possible points. Sheer length does not substitute
for quality. Good luck!
Essay questions could be drawn from the following topics:
- The buy-class model
- Methods of "going global" (i.e., export, etc.); especially risk-return relationships
- The marketing research process
- The market segmentation process (focus on the "big three")
- The new product development process
Multiple-Choice questions will be drawn from chapters 6-10, plus any of the above.
Please concentrate on the following in reviewing for the exam:
- Derived demand
- Buying centers, and roles within them
- Boundary roles
- Primary and secondary data
- Forecasting methods (e.g., top-down, bottom-up, qualitative, quantitative, types, etc.)
- sales forecast versus sales potential
- Data mining
- Perceptual mapping
- Definition of "new product" (degree of newness)
- Cross-functional teams
- Types of products, both consumer and business-to-business
- market-product grid
- Any of the video segments for the various chapters (e.g., Nokia, Lands End, Birth of the V-Rod, etc.)